Saturday 15 February 2014

Paradise HT

My mum was finally able to get away this morning. It was sad to see her go, but it was nice that she was able to stay the extra couple of days and visit with Elf. After I dropped her off at the airport, I made my way to Paradise HT where Lindsay and Jocelyn were competing. I hung out at the show all day to watch them complete their dressage and cross-country. I was able to walk the Novice (Pre-Training) course with Jocelyn, and it was interesting to note the differences between this course and the courses at home (this course had more technical aspects, including a half coffin complex, and a flagged water combination). All of the shows are within 15 minutes of the barn, and I hope to go schooling at one of the show grounds soon. The girls did really well today, and we will see how they finish up in stadium tomorrow. 

After the show I went to ride Elf. She was a lot looser today than yesterday, and should be back to her normal self in no time. Once I was done, I put her outside to enjoy the nice day without a blanket. While she was out, I hung around the barn and watched Lindsay ride a couple of her other horses before heading back to Annie's. It's been a full day, and I look forward to the nice weather coming next week, and hopefully a xc school. 

A couple pictures from the show:


A picture of the water complex from afar

Lindsay starting on course with her project Timothy

No comments:

Post a Comment